Youth Villages Master's Level In-Home Therapist in Woburn, Massachusetts
Youth Villages has been a national leader in the implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children's mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30 years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
*$2,000 Relocation Assistance Available!*
This position is responsible for developing meaningful therapeutic relationships with clients and families referred to Youth Villages Germaine Lawrence CBHI for In Home Therapy. This position will also evaluate client’s mental health status and must be able to assess for risk factors in the family/caregiver home settings as well as in the community at large. Work will take place primarily in client/family homes, schools, and other community settings as indicated by the needs of the client.
Provide counseling to clients:
- Develop meaningful therapeutic relationships with clients and their families and/or caregivers.
- Assist clients in finding areas of competency and develop their psychosocial skills.
- Assist clients in the development of their daily living skills.
- Assist clients in gaining control over and insight into their behavior.
- Assist families and caregivers to discover and build upon strengths in their parenting skills in order to provide improved support to the client, thereby stabilizing the client within the home.
- Provide team leadership and collaboration with all program staff around treatment issues.
- Provide individual, family, group, dyad and co-therapy as clinically indicated.
- Provide direct support to clients, families, and care givers within the program as applicable.
- Provide crisis intervention on call availability to caseload, create crisis intervention plans with clients and arrange and coordinate staff assistance when appropriate.
- Conducts psychotherapy with a range of clients with varying developmental stages, inclusive of all ethnic backgrounds, religions, sexual orientation, genders, and ages.
- Advocate for clients in the community when clinically indicated or as determined by program needs.
Participate in the assessment and ongoing evaluation of clients:
- Develop assessments of the psychosocial and systemic issues facing clients and their families and provide ongoing assessment of client’s mental health status and risk factors.
- Assist in the formalizing of treatment/rehabilitation goals for the client.
- Collaborate with other treatment and support providers to assure coordinated care for the client and caregivers.
- Responsible for the completion of all clinical documentation as directed by supervisor.
Attends all conferences, meetings, supervisions and trainings necessary for quality job performance.
A Master's degree in a social services discipline required; licensure eligible, experience with in home work, and experience with Medicaid a plus
Degrees that can be considered include: Addictions Counseling Clinical Psychology Clinical Developmental Psychology (Master’s level only) Counseling and Psychological Services Counseling Psychology Education, in Counseling (*If there is a concentration, the concentration must be listed) Education, in Counseling Mental Health Education, with a Concentration in Clinical Psychology Education, with a Concentration in Counseling Psychology Education, with a Concentration in Psychology Education, in Counseling Mental Health Education, in Expressive Therapy Education, in Mental Health Counseling Education, in Psychology Education, in Expressive Therapy Expressive Therapies Family Therapy Mental Health Counseling Mental Health and Behavioral Medicine Marriage & Family Therapy Social Work
Other degrees will have to be evaluated further to determine if they meet the qualifications.
The position requires an ability to clearly articulate and formulate clinical work in written documentation; to be skilled in larger systems work and to be fluent in systemic therapeutic approaches.
Must have a solid body of knowledge of clinical theory and be able to utilize that theory in practice.
Schedule is flexible and non-traditional; based around the availability of youth and families served.
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, a personal vehicle to use for work purposes and auto insurance.
Community Based staff will be reimbursed for applicable mileage
Experience growth and development through our continuous training, as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement, or pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages.
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision Retirement Savings Pension Plan 403 (b) 2 weeks paid vacation 12 paid sick days per year 10 paid holidays Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when applicable)
Requisition ID: 2018-2270
Job Locations: MA-Woburn
Program: In-Home Services
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular