SMG Security Guard, Part-Time in Providence, Rhode Island
POSITION: Security Guard
REPORTS TO: Director of Security
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has excellent and immediate openings for Security Guards for SMG/Rhode Island Convention Center & Dunkin Donuts Center. Responsible for patrolling all areas of property and parking lots, securing doors, ensuring the safety of all guests, employees and contract labor while on premises; securing property during move in/out trade shows, conventions or events by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Secures property.
- Maintains verbal communication via two way radio provided.
- Notifies security command center with any question or concerns.
- Locks and unlocks facility doors.
- Conducts routine property walks.
- Responds to emergency situations.
- Covers loading dock details as assigned.
- Covers traffic posts as assigned.
- Records information for daily logs and incident reports.
- Interacts with the public and all levels of management and fellow employees.
- Assists with staff break coverage.
- Secures the safety of all individuals on the premises.
- Appropriately deals with "unruly" people.
- Works independently, and judges and assesses situations for immediate response.
- Covers client hours as needed via sign up process.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or G.E.D.; some college preferred.
Minimum of 1 year security experience preferred in a similar environment. Good communications skills required.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong customer service skills
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required; ability to interact with all levels of staff including management
- Ability to work irregular hours including, night shifts, weekends and holidays
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
To perform this job successfully, the individual should have basic computer knowledge
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Hours of Work
- Hours and shifts vary
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply online only at our SMG Career Site
Recruiter -- Nicole LaFratta
SMG -- Rhode Island Convention Center & Dunkin Donuts Center
1 LaSalle Square, Providence, RI 02903
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 401-572-3528.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled