Comcast Software Engineer 1 in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience.We work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web
applications. Completes programming and implements, tests, and debugs
defined software components.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Reviews, writes, and edits codes. Conducts analysis to determine
- Researches, writes, and edits documentation and technical
requirements, including software design evaluation plans, test results,
and technical manuals.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews
literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of
- Works with the Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit
specification and technical requirements.
- Applies full use and application of engineering methodologies related
to area of engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of engineering concepts and skills and knowledge of
their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Computer Science, Engineering
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer