GCP Applied Technologies Finance Manager - Mergers and Acquisitions in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Finance & Accounting leader responsible for managing the entire process of technical accounting and financial planning related to the acquisitions of businesses, from accounting due diligence phase through the integration phase, including coordination of internal and external accounting and valuation specialists, financial planning, analysis and forecasting and control related activities post close.
- Lead finance due diligence, preparation of closing and opening balance sheets, purchase accounting, and post-close accounting and purchase price adjustments for acquisition targets
- Support accounting integration and consolidation, including assisting in integration of accounting systems and GCP accounting policies and procedures and internal controls
- Manage the work of specialists in valuation services, communicate with internal and external audit as needed to support compliance efforts.
- Lead selected monthly and quarterly analysis processes to support senior leadership financial and business reviews of acquired companies
- Lead acquisition post close FP&A; functionality and business performance tracking
- Coordinate with Corporate Accounting to ensure accurate merger and acquisition related accounting and disclosure requirements are incorporated in SEC filings.
- Post acquisition integration planning and execution including synergy development, measurement and tracking
- Manage and ensure compliance with internal review control for acquisitions and perform the necessary procedures and documentation.
- Identify process improvements and assist in the implementation of related processes and controls.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in accounting or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience: Five to ten years related experience, including experience in with a national or regional CPA firm and/or private company within a merger and acquisition department. Deep understanding of US GAAP and international accounting required.
- Certification/Licensure:CPA required
Demonstrated experience and success in working with cross-functional teams (especially sales, marketing, supply chain, operations, and finance)
Flexible; able to quickly and successfully adapt to change while maintaining poise & executive presence
Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, with a natural tendency toward inquisitiveness
Detail-oriented and results driven experience in the fast paced environment
Experience working with SAP and BPC a plus