GCP Applied Technologies Director – Global Procurement in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, preferably in engineering, chemistry or supply chain. MBA or Master’s degree is also strongly preferred.
- CPM/CPI or similar Procurement or Supply Chain certification preferred.
- 10+ years experience in a global, industrial manufacturing environment with extensive knowledge in raw material sourcing, procurement processes and best practices.
- An extensive background in the chemical industry is required
- Ability to travel
- Experience with merges and acquisitions and the impact of the procurement function on the due diligence and integration process
Special Requirements (includes Necessary Language skills):
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to think strategically.
- Fact-based approach with solid analytical skills.
- Ability to review and negotiate supply contracts including strong understanding of standard contract terms and terminology.
- Ability to work cross-culturally with subordinates colleagues and suppliers throughout the world.
- Ability to interface and communicate clearly and effectively (both orally and in writing) across all levels of the organization including senior management.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and SAP.
- Support GCP’s Safety culture by demonstrating leadership as the company works towards an accident-free environment (Constantly)
- Promote GCP’s vision of striving to be an innovator construction products & technologies company and demonstrating and integrating its core values into daily activities (Constantly)
- Responsible for sourcing and procurement of $800M per year of spend serving over 50 manufacturing plants globally, including commodity and specialty chemicals as well as MRO and Capital project requirements.
- Lead the development of value-accretive strategies for strategic raw materials to minimize the total cost of ownership to the company and keep alignment between the procurement and the business strategies, to ensure deliverables of financial results. This position requires cross-functional skills as it works closely with sales, R&D;, information systems, manufacturing and finance.
- Develop strong win/win relationships with suppliers that will allow for combined efforts that will take cost and steps out of the process, thereby improving performance and profits.
- Lead a team of 40 procurement professional around the globe and be responsible for developing a strong and results oriented team, managing cultural differences to coach and develop the next leader
- Work closely with regional and global business leaders to ensure appropriate alignment consistent with business goals
- Indentify and drive supply chain productivity across all segments
- Lead the company’s Procure-to-Pay strategy
- Systematically gather and maintain industry market intelligence related to strategic raw materials
- Support the development of the Annual Operating Plan and Strategic Plan to meet or exceed expectations (done during H2)