Boston Private Bank & Trust Company Portfolio Advisor in Boston, Massachusetts
Requisition Number: 18-0038 Title: Portfolio Advisor City: Boston State: MA
The Portfolio Advisor is responsible for managing the assets of the underlying portfolios managed by BPW. While the Client Advisor is responsible for managing the client relationship, the Portfolio Advisor is responsible for ensuring that the investment strategies
of the firm are employed to the greatest possible extent to meet the specific goals and objectives of each client relationship and each portfolio managed on behalf of the client. The Portfolio Advisor will be responsible for maintaining a deep understanding
of each investment strategy employed by the firm (proprietary and non-proprietary alike), the company’s asset allocation methodology and will work to implement these strategies continuously on behalf of the client over time. The portfolio advisor will be responsible
for overseeing investment implementation of a large number of accounts with varying objectives and significant levels of assets under management.
Responsibilities, Duties, and Accountabilities:
• Work with client advisors to structure portfolios of new clients
• Work with portfolio services and custodial operations to ensure that new accounts are set up in a manner to most effectively implement investment strategy
• Ensure that BPWM investment strategy is efficiently implemented across client portfolios in a timely fashion
• Implement asset allocation strategy across client portfolios
• Raise cash and rebalance client portfolios
• Implement investment objective and strategy changes across client portfolios
• Work with portfolio services to identify operational efficiencies and process improvements
• Develop reporting to aid in the efficiency of managing client portfolios
This individual should have at least 3-5 years of experience in portfolio management or equivalent activities. The candidate would ultimately be expected to work toward the CFA designation. The candidate should have a working knowledge of asset allocation methodologies
as well as a firm understanding of different fundamental and quantitative investment strategies The candidate should enjoy working in an entrepreneurial setting. He or she should be a self-starter and be comfortable with change in the work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have accessto the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosureis (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41CFR 60-1.35(c)