American Cancer Society Program Manager, Mission Delivery in Bedford, New Hampshire
Program Manager, Mission Delivery
- Job ID:
- Functional Area:
- Position Type:
- Experience Required:
3 - 5 Years
New Hampshire - Bedford
- Education Required:
- Relocation Provided:
Email a Friend
Apply with LinkedIn
Position covers 2 states- NH and VT. Based in NH office.
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
Manages the delivery of cancer control programs and services based on the Society’s program of work for an assigned geography. Accountable for mission targets and providing quality customer services through strong collaboration with internal and external constituents and partners. Ensures goal achievement through the engagement of volunteers.
• Executes on set cancer control program/service goals and objectives to delivery on enterprise mission strategies.
• Establishes, manages and monitors the delivery of access to care programs including Road to Recovery, other transportation programs and lodging partnerships for an assigned geography.
• Establishes, manages, and monitors delivery of volunteer-based patient service programs including Reach to Recovery, Look Good Feel Better and other emotional support programs for an assigned geography.
• Achieves high quality programs; delivering against mission strategies while meeting or exceeding ACS customer promises.
• Ensures integration with Region staff to increase the Society’s community presence and mission impact through cancer control program delivery.
• Collaborates with Cancer Control staff to communicate and demonstrate the impact of programs and services to a variety of external partners; ensures mission delivery staff coordinate with health systems managers to deliver high quality customer service to health systems and their patients.
• Assess risks, issues, and opportunities to identify viable, innovative solutions; collaborates with peers identify and leverage best practices.
• Delivers on strategy for local collaborations, relationships, and partnerships for mission delivery programs and services Engages and mobilizes diverse constituents and volunteers in program delivery.
• Develops and leverages relationships, identifying opportunities to maximize mission delivery, as well as impact revenue.
• Monitors customer satisfaction of cancer control programs to maximize impact and increase relevancy in communities.
• Identifies new community resources to enhance referrals.
• Collaborates directly with support and fulfillment teams in the Region and Global Headquarters to ensure success of programs and activities
• Monitors progress against objectives; adjusts plans and manages contingency efforts and resources as required.
• Collaborates with Community Development, Distinguished Partners and ACS CAN staff to maximize engagement in ACS activities, events, grant opportunities and fundraising efforts within the market.
• Supports Senior Manager, Mission Delivery to ensure mission, top line and bottom line goals are reached as well as compliance with enterprise policies
Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health/Insurance Administration, or Health Business Administration preferred; graduate degree a plus. Minimum of three years of experience in health care management or administration, experience with contact center environments, or program/project management, preferably for a multi-million dollar organization.
Demonstrates Mission Delivery Competencies:
• Collaborates - Builds partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Communicates effectively - Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Decision quality - Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Drives results - Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
• Instills trust - Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
• Interpersonal savvy - Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
• Resourcefulness - Secures and deploys resources effectively and efficiently.
• Situational adaptability - Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
• Able to cultivate relationships with targeted systems/organizations and diverse populations to create sense of urgency related to awareness of cancer as a major health problem and motivate to action in prevention and early detection.
• Ability to represent the Society effectively to hospitals and other health systems, community leaders, corporate partners.
• Outcome driven with proven experience in community-based program and project planning, implementation, and management.
• Strong market, community and constituent perspective.
• Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to proactively monitor and adjust activities to respond to changing circumstances and priorities to meet goals.
• Ability to analyze and appropriately integrate information from relevant sources.
• Demonstrated success managing and motivating diverse groups and individuals using collaborative leadership, management, coaching and development best practices.
• Able to work through others to accomplish goals.
• Proficient in computer-based information systems.
• Ability to understand and work within a complex organizational structure
• Knowledge of product marketing/sales concepts.
• Ability to create consensus among cross-functional staff and bring closure to projects/initiatives.
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR KNOWLEDGE:
• Proven experience in supporting community service development and sustained program integration.
• General knowledge of health-based organizations and systems.
• Comfortable reading and interpreting cancer statistics. Strong knowledge of health status data statistics and analysis, and chronic disease tracking.
Travel, including evening and weekend work required.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.